As CMMs get larger, it is not simply a case of scaling up the design of smaller models. Stiffness of the structure is critical, but weight must also be kept to a minimum. The Azimuth CMM is not only Aberlink’s largest in their range of CMM products, but it is the culmination of over twenty years experience and excellence in the design and manufacture of innovative metrology equipment incorporating the very latest materials technology.
The revolutionary bridge of the Azimuth incorporates aluminium honeycomb sheets developed for use in Formula One and the aerospace industry. The remarkable stiffness to weight ratio that this provides gives the Azimuth an edge in both performance and speed. For a machine of this size, the Azimuth is not only fast, but extremely accurate. The drive systems designed for the Azimuth offer simplicity and reliability and the novel system used on the Y axis ensures that there is no degradation of performance across the full range of machine sizes offered up to 118"
A big machine should also be able to measure a heavy component and this is another area where Aberlink has applied innovative thinking. Rather than simply increasing the depth of the granite table, which adds huge cost and weight to the machine, we offer a specially designed load plate to sit on the granite base. This plate can accept up to a 6 ton load which will then be transmitted directly through the feet of the machine bench directly to the floor, meaning no loss of metrology performance whatsoever.
- Aberlink's revolutionary user friendly measurement software
- Shortest learning curve of any equivalent system - 1 day without prior CMM experience
- Capable of measuring parts up to 13230lbs in weight
- Choice of Y axis sizes ranging from 39" to 118"
- 0.0001mm linear encoders for superior accuracy
- Self-contained drive system ensures excellent performance over the entire measuring volume
- Anti-vibration mounts as standard
- CMM Touch Screen Joystick supplied as standard
- Free stylus change rack with every motorized probe head upgrade
- Aberlink 3D measurement software for touch probe feature inspection
- Windows PC controller, machine controller card and peripherals
- Steel CMM workbench with control cabinet
- Renishaw TP8 manual indexing probe head and integrated probe
- Aberlink probe stylus kit
- Aberlink Ø19mm sphere CMM requalification kit
- User training course - up to 4 trainees and software user guide
- 12 months full parts and labor warranty
- Free-of-charge helpdesk support
|Axis Travel||X 47"
Y 39", 59", 79", 98", 118"
|Overall Size (mm)||X 76"
Y 79", 98", 118", 138", 157"
|*Volumetric Accuracy||TP20 (2.9 + 0.4L/100) µm
TP200 (2.8 + 0.4L/100) µm
SP25M (2.6 + 0.4L/100) µm
|**Optimum Temp Range||64 - 72°F|
|Operational Temp Range||32 - 113°F|
|Table Load Capacity||3310lbs standard
Options up to 13230lbs
|Max. Velocity Vector||26"/sec|
|Max. Acceleration Vector||33"/sec²|
|Air Consumption||50 l/min (1.8 cfm)|
|Required Air Pressure||4 bar (60 psi)|
*Maximum Permissible Error MPEE according to 10360-2, 2009 within the thermal limits defined for optimum temperature range.
**Installation environmental thermal limits: Rate of change <1.8°F/hr and <3.6°F/24hr. Temperature gradient <1.8°F/m